How realistic are the representations of young people
in the media, particularly Skins and Sun Sex and Suspicious Parents?
I will be exploring the representation of young people
in the media and how realistic the representations are.
In particular I will be looking at Skins which in
general show both positive and negative representations and to a certain extent
are quite fabricated. I will also be looking at Sun Sex and Suspicious Parents
which does show an extreme of behavior in young people. To do this I will be
applying particular theories, such as the hypodermic needle theory as these
programmes could make people feel a certain way and stereotype young people in
general.
I will be exploring Skins series 2, and a few of the
episodes of Sun Sex and Suspicious Parents which will show the differences in behavior
and morals of different gender and ages of the young people shown.
No comments:
Post a Comment